The Kevin McCauley Outstanding Staff Award
The Kevin McCauley Memorial Outstanding Staff Award was created in 2015 as a memorial to the long-time UC staff member who passed away in January of that year.
It is intended to recognize staff members with the University of California, who are supportive and inclusive of staff, and encourage equity, diversity, and community, are forward thinking, and do not compromise quality.
Individuals are nominated by CUCSA delegates and the vote is held at the spring meeting.
There are is no limit on the number of individuals who can receive the award in a given year.
Eligibility: Staff members who hold positions designated as non-represented by a collective bargaining unit and non-faculty. Must be full-time, career staff.
The categories that are taken into consideration for the Outstanding Staff Award are:
- Support of Staff – Examples include: volunteering for staff events, organizing staff, providing for staff needs that are otherwise unmet by your campus.
- Communication with Staff – Examples could include: town halls, brown bag lunches, emails to the campus, etc.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Community – Examples include: participating in specific events or forums to support equity, diversity, and campus community building programs
- Support of Local Staff Assembly – Examples could include: volunteering with Staff Assembly, leadership roles in staff organizations.
- Support of System wide initiatives that affect staff – Examples include: System wide committee service, Multi campus initiatives
- Other – For example, volunteerism in the local community.