We are pleased to announce the 2020-21 Outstanding Senior Leadership Award goes to Chancellor Kim Wilcox from UC Riverside! Congratulations!
The Outstanding Senior Leadership Award recognizes senior-level leaders who are supportive and inclusive of UC staff, and encourage equity, diversity, and community.
The awards are nominated and voted on during the CUCSA spring meeting. One individual is selected.
Eligibility: Leaders who hold positions designated as senior management group (SMG). If you are unsure if your nominated leader is designated as SMG, you can verify with your location’s SMG coordinator.
The categories that are taken into consideration for the Outstanding Senior Leadership Award
- Support of Staff – Examples include: recognition programs, attendance at staff events such as picnics, etc.
- Inclusion of Staff – Examples include: staff participation on chancellor’s advisory committees, search committees for executive position, etc.
- Communication with Staff – Examples could include: town halls, brown bag lunches, emails to the campus, etc.
- Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Community – Examples include: specific events or forums to support equity, diversity, and campus community building programs
- Support of Local Staff Assembly – Examples could include: meetings with Staff Assembly leadership, sponsoring staff-friendly events, etc.
- Support of CUCSA – Examples include: attendance at CUCSA events, inclusion of CUCSA delegates in activities, etc.
- Other – Other relevant activities.
Nathan Brostrom, Interim Chancellor, UC Merced
Michael Beck, Administrative Vice Chancellor, UCLA
Vice Chancellor Gary Matthews, UC San Diego
Chancellor Dorothy Leland, UC Merced
Associate Chancellor Ashish Sahni, UC Santa Cruz
Chancellor Linda Katehi, UC Davis
Executive Vice President & Interim Chief Financial Officer Nathan Brostrom, UCOP
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Michael Young, UC Santa Barbara
Chancellor George Blumenthal, UC Santa Cruz
Chancellor Timothy White, UC Riverside